Channels to boost your virtual event ROI
A crucial component of any successful virtual event is, of course, marketing and promotion. Stating the obvious - without your attendees, even the most well-planned event is doomed to fail. If you’re lucky, you might get a few organic signups, maybe because you have a celebrity as the main attraction, but still, you are leaving this opportunity wide open even in such a scenario.
Given the importance of promoting your event, here are some suggestions to help you cover all the key aspects that come with marketing and promoting your event.
1. LinkedIn - As one of the largest business communities, LinkedIn is a must have channel to promote your virtual event. Promote your event on LinkedIn by creating a direct post or by posting in the Groups that contains your audiences. You can also set up a showcase page for your event to publish branded content and add followers. It's also recommended to share press releases, and other public mentions about your event on LinkedIn for even greater reach. Additionally, if you have a marketing budget allocated for promotional activities, you can also utilize LinkedIn advertising to gather qualified audiences using LinkedIn advertising targeting criteria. Also, once your event starts registration of attendees, leverage your registrants and give them a share link option. This type of option is usually available within the event registration flow.7. Video Content - Video-sharing public platforms like YouTube are great channels for promoting your event. Creating a promo video with strong SEO keywords in the accompanying description has great viral potential. If your event has well recognized speakers, make the most out of their status and celebrity. Interview them in either audio or video format and include such content in the promotional videos.
2. Facebook - In Facebook, you can use Facebook Ads and Facebook Groups to promote your event. Facebook's ad algorithm allows for a really fine tuned targeting so that you get the best value for your buck. Creating a group of targeted audiences and posting your event links in applicable groups you are already part of is an unpaid mechanism that also works if you put some time and effort into it. You can also set up a Facebook Page for your event and schedule an event calendar for your Facebook audience to RSVP directly. Request your audience/registrants to share the event with their individual networks to create a viral effect (if possible, gamify the sharing of the event with some type of gratification like prizes, etc.)
3. Twitter - Apart from the usual twitter posts that you should do to promote your virtual event, you can also create and promote a hashtag for your event. (If at all possible, use a strong keyword that might get hits from organic searches.) A hashtag is created by pre-fixing your keyword with the "#" sign and if there are more than 1 word, remove any spaces in between (e.g. #virtualevent). Do note that the hashtag doesn't have to be the company name or even the event name (although that can often help create more buzz!). Similar to LinkedIn and Facebook, leverage your registrants to have them retweet, like and comment for maximum visibility of your posts and hashtags. Tweet reminders at regular intervals before the events, containing a sign-up link. Make sure you don't over tweet and annoy people. But definitely include a strong call to action, using a motivating incentive, to prompt them to register (e.g., #TechInnovation summit -- only 2 seats left. Register NOW: http:/blt.ly/register)
4. Events Calendar & Listings sites - Publish your event in event listings such as Events.com. If yours is a hybrid event, this is especially helpful, since people are often searching for local & nearby interactions.
5. SEO with Press Releases and backlinks - Remember to create and publish press releases containing your best SEO keywords. Publish them on your blog posts and distribute over social media, as well as through online directories. Send your press release to relevant online publications - they are often glad to use it, if such a press release announces something highly relevant to their subscribers. And remember to include your press releases in your "Media Room" as well as sending copies to your Affiliate partners (if any) so they can use it in their own promotional content, and blog posts for backlinked SEO.
6. Affiliate Partners - This is a method that every event organizer should utilize. Make sure that you've got your affiliate partners signed up to promote your event. Make it easy for them to do their promotions by providing easy access to professionally designed promotional graphics, PLR, banner ads, articles etc. You should make yourself available for guest interviews and blog posts as well.
7. Video Content - Video-sharing public platforms like YouTube are great channels for promoting your event. Creating a promo video with strong SEO keywords in the accompanying description has great viral potential. If your event has well recognized speakers, make the most out of their status and celebrity. Interview them in either audio or video format and include such content in the promotional videos. Don't limit yourself to these suggestions alone. Use your imagination and every asset available to you, to come up with new and unique ways to promote your virtual event. Regardless of the channel, keep in mind that one of the biggest driving factors behind your event registrations will be your own passion, dedication and enthusiasm for your event, provided you're presenting it to your pre-qualified target market! Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org to exchange notes on how to make your next virtual event more conversion-centric!
All-in-one virtual & hybrid event platform, that allows event planners to host branded immersive events. EventEngage covers all virtual & hybrid event requirements from registration microsite, EDM , payment integration, registration workflow, agenda, virtual lobby, virtual expo hall, virtual booth, live chat poll & QNA, live & recorded streaming, translations, business card, real time analytics & more
Copyright © 2021 EventEngage LLC. All rights reserved.